Mercer Street Friends
Diversity, Equity and Inclusion
Consistent with our Quaker Values, Mercer Street Friends honors the equality of all people and strives for a just, prosperous, and peaceful society for all. We respond to the needs of all segments of the Mercer County community, build alliances that will have the most meaningful and personal impact, and are committed to weave the principles of diversity, equity and inclusion into every aspect of our organization.
- We joyfully celebrate and are proud of our diverse identities, voices and talents, working together to strengthen the impact we make in partnership with the community.
- We create and model an inclusive environment, removing barriers between people and the services we provide.
- We collaborate with everyone, regardless of cultural background and identities, to deepen our understanding of the challenges they face.
- We work authentically to dismantle the root causes of social injustice and inequality and to champion change.
- We draw from and build on the many gifts and talents that pervade our Mercer County community.
- We strive to continuously learn and improve, responding to the evolving and multifaceted needs of our clients.
Our goal is to ensure that everyone feels heard, respected, valued and uplifted through our mission of
Nourishing Minds and Bodies, Empowering Families and Communities.