Mercer Street Friends is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Candidates that wish to apply for the positions listed below should submit their resumes to Bianca Allen at email@example.com
Title: YouthStat Program Coordinator- Full-Time Position
Position Overview: Under the supervision of the Director of Youth Services, the YouthStat Coordinator provides case management, life/ social skill training, and other related youth development services to youth and families as assigned. Such services include assessment, treatment planning, individual, group and family contact and related documentation. YouthStat Coordinator is a bachelor’s level position with experience in working with high needs families, case management, and youth programming.
Essential Functions and Responsibilities:
- Receive and respond to referrals in an efficient and timely manner.
- Complete initial intake, create a comprehensive treatment plan based on empirically designed interventions and conduct outcome evaluations.
- Meet with clients minimally on a weekly basis for individual, family and/or group psychosocial education (i.e. life skills training, etc.) and/ or vocational skill building.
- Maintain client files and contact with referral source as necessary.
- Document and complete appropriate program reports.
- Facilitates appropriate linkages for service to enhance behavioral, academic, mental health and legal outcomes.
- Communicates with community-based partners as assigned to provide information about YouthStat.
- Arranges/provides participants’ transportation to program site and activities.
- Participate in individual/ group clinical supervision and case conferencing.
- Attend community meetings and conduct community and inter-agency outreach as assigned (including assigned committees).
- Must have or be willing to obtain a Commercial Driver’s License (CDL) to drive agency vehicle.
- Assist in program development and other duties as assigned.
- Must be willing to work a flexible schedule.
EDUCATION, EXPERIENCE, AND SKILLS
- Bachelor’s degree required. Minimal of two years’ experience in social work or related fields of study.
- Personnel and case management experience required
- This position has a salary and benefits package commensurate with other organizations with a similar mission, budget, and scale of operations.
Title: Youth Stat Support Worker/ Mentor – Part Time Position (10-15) per week
Supervisor: Program Coordinator
Job Overview: The Program supporting implementation of planned activities and providing services that include: outreach, group/workshop facilitation, and engagement/support for participants. Mercer Street Friends YSP currently provides services that promote high school completion and aim to address social and behavioral issues that youth face on a daily basis. Many of the youth who participate in these programs have engaged in or are exposed to a number of high-risk behaviors.
Individual works in partnership with the YouthStat Coordinator in providing services to Trenton City youth demonstrating risky behaviors. Referrals will be received from the Trenton Police Departments1) initial contact with youth whose screens are assigned by Case Manager after receipt from CF Central Intake to engage them in activities related to goal achievement; these efforts are to take place at identified POD and or homes of referred youth; 2) maintaining a regular presence in the community at agreed upon locations to create awareness by target population in efforts to engage individuals in discussion about Program activities; 3) f/u with community partners as agreed upon with Program Case Manager to explore additional opportunities to identify and interact with potential Program participants; 4) f/u as assigned by Case Manager with outreach to locate Program participants who have not continued to be engaged in services with the intention of re-engaging them.
- Responsible for meeting with assigned mentees for the duration of the program
- Serve as an example/role model
- Act as a resource and guide for youth, connecting them with additional community-based services for social, emotional and physical health
- Work closely with agency staff through phone contact, personal conferences and group meetings
- Work with youth, ensuring that they are compliant with program requirements
- Maintain tracking documentation, utilize agency documents and protocol to provide evidence of hours worked
- Completes/facilitates required follow-up surveys as assigned
- Assists Case Manager as requested in the maintenance of hard copy “backup” binders of data collection forms for documentation and review by CF Inc.
- Arranges/provides participants’ transportation to social service appointments as assigned
- Other duties as assigned
- A driver’s license in good standing, reliable transportation & automobile insurance for driving own vehicle
Flexibility for working some evenings and weekends
EDUCATION, EXPERIENCE, AND SKILLS
- High School/ GED and some college preferred
- English and Bi-Lingual Spanish speaking workers
- 2 years experience in child development/or parent education or/ community outreach in an urban setting preferred
- Working knowledge of local, State and Federal Regulations